27 Jun New Trek in Nov 2009… Everest Base Camp Trek
We are off to Everest again, join us for this amazing and challenging trek to see the roof of the world…
Everest, the most famous mountaineering destination in the world. High in the mystic, remote and beautiful Himalayas. Can you see yourself trekking through high mountain passes? Can you imagine visiting Everest Base Camp, as you feel the exhilaration of completing this amazing challenge?
When and how much?
- Availability: Strictly limited to 15 trekkers
- Deposit: $1000 (AUD) (non returnable)
- Total Price $3795
- Starts: Meet Kathmandu 3rd November 2009
- Finishes: Kathmandu 22nd November 2009
Tell me more?
We are getting together a great team for another great adventure. A great bunch of like-minded individuals who appreciate the great outdoors and want to see one of the most important mountain destinations in the world. People who appreciate the rich culture of the Nepalese people, a team who love a challenge and love travel.
What can we expect to get?
- Staying in Kathmandu in the beautiful Hotel Shanker (a converted Raj palace)
- 18 day Trek to the most famous Base Camp in the world (5360m)
- Camping in the remote Himalaya
- See the Buddhist monastery at Thyangboche
- Visit Sherpa Heritage House and Museum in Khumjung
- Side trip to Kala Pattar (5545m) to get superb views of the Khumbu Ice Fall and the Everest Massif
- Visit the bustling markets of Namche Bazaar. We have timed this trek especially to coincide with market day at Namche
- Celebratory Nepalese banquet in Kathmandu
- Limited edition Expedition hold-all
- 12 week TrekFit remote training program (A 12 week specialist program in PDF format to help get you fit for your trek) – if required
- Training shirt – if required
As part of our pledge to sustainable tourism and putting something back into the community we will be also be donating to Community Action Nepal.
Book your place
There are only 15 places available to Trek to Everest Base Camp, so book your place now to avoid disappointment. Call 02 9400 2561 or email us for a booking form.
Please note: Further trip information will be made available on our blog and in our extensive trip notes, which we will release shortly.
Worried about your Fitness for such a Trek?
If you want to know more about how to get fit for such a challenge, have a look at our TrekFit program. TrekFit is a trekking and altitude training program designed by Joe Bonington, who has hands-on experience of the conditions and physical challenges of a high altitude trek or multi-day walk. For further information, see our TrekFit program page.