25 Jun Expressions of Interest – Running Clinic
Often wondered if your running technique is up to scratch? Did you know that with some minor adjustments to your technique you can run more efficiently, increase your speed, reduce the impact to your body and decrease the risk of injury? Sounds too good to be true doesn’t it.
I have talked to the guys at Trigger Fitness and they have put together a fantastic Forefoot Running Clinic to be held over one weekend for our clients, friends and anybody else that is interested! Cato and Latitia are certified as running coaches.
Dates for the weekend are yet to be confirmed but we are expecting available spots to be snatched up quickly so let us know ASAP if you’re interested in taking part, you can email us here.
Details of the weekend and the clinic content are below.
Trigger Fitness Forefoot Running Clinic
When: Date TBA – will be held over a weekend – Saturday & Sunday
Time: 9am – 2pm with a lunch break at 11.30-12.30
What will be covered over the weekend:
- Running test with video taping
- Review technique on laptop immediately
- Basic technique skills & drills
- Body weight awareness drills
- Body alignment drills
- Pose/posture drills
- Pulling drills
- Falling drills
- Sharpening & awareness drills
- Partner correction drills
- Tempo/cadence (Speed) – using a metronome
- Common Injuries – causes/prevention/treatment
- Trigger Point therapy/foam roller
- Stretching pre & post training/competition
- Importance of Strength & Conditioning for runners
- Advice on appropriate footwear
- Running session end of each day, cool down & stretch
- Trigger Fitness stretch manual
- Nutrition/Supplementation information
- Training programs – beginner, intermediate, advanced
What will the weekend cost:
$400 per person, this will include all of the above and a Paleo lunch will also be provided each day