01 Feb Joe's secret naughty but healthy Chocolate Brownies
Here’s a great recipe I have to make delicious and health chocolate brownies.
- 3Tbs of fresh coconut flesh or organic grated coconut
- 1/2 Cup Almond
- 1/2 Cup walnuts
- 1/2 Cup Sunflower seeds
- 3 Tbs Organic Cacao or Cocoa powder
- 1/2 Cup Organic currants or dates
- 1/2 cup Goji berries
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour (If you cannot find Coconut flour, replace with Almond meal or almond flour)
- 1/2-1/3 cup Extra Virgin Coconut oil
- 1 Tbs Raw Honey
- Pinch Himalayan Mountain salt
Blend it all up. Add enough coconut oil that when you press the mixture with your fingers you see a slight sheen of excess oil around your finger….. but not to much. Press into a tray lined with grease proof paper. Refrigerate for an hour or two. Cut into cubes. To keep them firm store them in the fridge. Delicious, very high in anti-oxidants but also Lauric acid from the coconut oil which helps to metabolize fat.