06 Feb Joe's Slow Cooked Lamb Curry
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1kg Cubed Lamb
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pint of stock
- 1 onion
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Tumeric *
- 1/2-1 teaspoon hot Cayanne(depending on taste) *
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds (ground)*
- 1 teaspoon of finely minced ginger (or 1/2 teaspoon ground) *
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin (ground) *
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tin of organic tomatoes
* Use organic, most of the major spice importers use irradiated sources, which totally destroys the medicinal qualities of the spices.
Heat oil in heavy bottomed pan. Brown onion, add garlic, add the spices and stir for one minute. Add the lamb and brown. Add stock and tomatoes. Cover and bring to the boil. turn heat right down, take the lid off and simmer for 3-4 hours reducing the liquid right down to a thick consistency, replace fluid if it boils down to much.
Serve on a bed of grated Zuccini (courgette).